Employment Opportunities at RAM
Racine Art Museum, 441 Main Street, Racine
Museum Store Assistant
Some evenings and weekends are required
General Summary of Position
The Museum Store Assistant will process all sales and maintain an orderly sales floor. The successful candidate will also serve as an ambassador for the museum, greeting guests, and answering questions about the museum and store merchandise.
- Manage overall operations of the Museum Store
- Set up cash register for each shift and process sales
- Provide daily light housekeeping such as vacuuming, dusting shelves, straightening merchandise, and maintaining gift wrap area
- Restock sales merchandise as needed
- Assist with receiving new merchandise
- Answer phone inquiries in the Museum Store
- Attend special events as required
- Assist with online sales and orders
- Assist with annual inventory
- Retail or equivalent sales experience
- Proficient in customer service
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Familiarity with POS (point-of-sale) system for cash receipts and sales is a plus
Mail or email cover letter and resume to:
Lisa Englander, Principal, Guest Relations and the Retail Division
Racine Art Museum
PO Box 187
Racine, WI 53401-0187
No phone calls please
Employment Opportunities at Wustum Museum
RAM’s Wustum Museum, 2519 Northwestern Avenue, Racine
There are no open positions available at this time.
RAMA complies with all Federal and State anti-discrimination statutes and does not discriminate for any reasons mentioned in either Federal or State law as amended from time to time. This policy will be in effect in all hiring situations for full-time as well as part-time employees, temporary part-time employees for educational programs and art classes, interns, and for the volunteers who perform staff functions as unpaid employees.
Love Art? You’ll Love RAM!
The mission of the Racine Art Museum is to exhibit, collect, preserve, and educate in the contemporary visual arts. Stay up-to-date about special events as well as support the mission of the largest contemporary craft collection in America: