Marketing and promotion of RAMA
- Work with the Executive Director’s office, Director of Operations and Development, and Board committees to create and implement an overall marketing and public relations strategy and oversee promotional budget for RAM and Wustum
- Oversee and strategize ongoing RAMA website and social media content, design, and functionality improvements, in coordination with Digital Marketing Coordinator, to grow audience participation and retention
- Design and place advertising across media channels
- Work with Development Department to promote giving opportunities and programs
- Serve as a marketing resource to all departments in targeting audiences for programs
- Assist with the building and fulfillment of marketing relationships and commitments
- Coordinate in-person and virtual visitor market research, including analysis of website and social media analytics, tourism data, and demographic trends to develop a sound promotional strategy
- Work with the Museum Store Manager to promote and advertise the museum’s retail activities
- Work with appropriate staff to positively promote the guest experience for all visitors
Assist in Managing and Implementing Annual Premiere Fundraising Event
- Act as staff representative, schedule, and attend/conduct meetings of the Fundraising/Special Events Committee of the Board to create and implement annual fundraising event(s)
- Help create and oversee adherence to event budget and expected revenue
- Work toward defining assignment of committees, recruitment of volunteers, and staff roles
- Work with Director of Operations and Development to solicit event sponsorships
- Oversee publicity and marketing materials including invitations, guest responses, and event signage
- Assist in the logistics of events including set up and take down
- Assist in the hiring and reimbursement of event vendors
- Work with Executive Director’s Administrative Assistant to solicit artists for donations of their work for the purpose of raising funds
- Assist in the management of event software for auctions, raffles, art sales, and other donations to ensure proper credit and/or payment of artists, donors, or attendees.
- Work with Accounts Manager and Membership Coordinator to record gifts and revenue, generate and mail acknowledgement letters to artists, sponsors, and attendees
- Work with appropriate staff to collect data for reports to Board or appropriate committees regarding event(s) and revenue results
Implementation of all RAMA Branding
- Oversee the use of the RAMA brand across all formats––visually and editorially––to ensure materials and activities are consistent in tone and voice to support RAMA’s values and standards.
- Provide counsel and assistance to all departments in creation of materials, programs, and events to guarantee compliance with the Branding Style Manual
- Design and produce all general branding materials, such as RAMA banners, interior and exterior signage, etc.
- Layout and contract production of all branded paper goods used by the museums, such as letterhead, envelopes, labels, and assorted general stationery
- Oversee the production of collateral materials needed for guest services and retail functions
- Work with Museum Store Manager to design and produce custom branded products for retail purposes as appropriate
- Serve as media liaison and coordinate interviews with Executive Director, Curator of Exhibitions, and all other RAMA staff
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with art and architecture critics, feature writers, editors, TV, and new media producers to facilitate press coverage for RAM and Wustum
- Oversee the maintenance of an archive of publications, press, and related media coverage received for RAMA’s exhibitions, programs, and special events
Production of Publications
- Write and/or produce publications to effectively promote RAMA’s mission, inform audiences, cultivate donors, and attract new visitors and participants.
- Create, design, and produce brochures and schedules for all departments to support museum programs, including exhibition gallery guides, seasonal exhibition brochures, class schedules, multi-page collection study guides, fundraising materials, event promotions, etc.
Managing Media Relations
- Generate local, regional, and national media interest and coverage of RAMA’s exhibitions, collection, education programs, fundraising, and special events
- Develop communication tools and relationships with media to publicize museum activities through press releases, social media, press conferences, public service announcements, etc.
Coordination and Oversight of Virtual Programming, Photography, and Videography
- Act as producer for all virtual RAMA programming for website and social medial channels, including livestreaming and videos produced in-house
- Hire photographer(s)/videographer(s) and oversee video productions and/or digital documentation of museum exhibitions and events
- Work with Exhibitions Department to hire photographer(s), schedule, and oversee photography of collection pieces for use in publications and media
- Oversee the organization and maintenance of PR and collections images
- Ensure proper crediting of photography in all museum publications
- Schedule and supervise museum rentals that are specifically used as a venue for photography and videography by outside vendors or special events
- Oversee the Digital Marketing Coordinator’s work with the Museum Store Manager to maintain and update online sales and inventory
Develop and Maintain Museum Community Outreach and Partnerships
- Represent RAM to develop relationships with regional arts and tourism organizations to further develop the museum’s reputation and role in the area
- Represent RAM and act as liaison with local business organizations, such as Downtown Racine Corporation and Main Street Committee
- Act as liaison on steering committees of regional art organizations, such as ArtRoot
- Promote and schedule group tours of RAM exhibitions
- Work with Executive Director and department managers to facilitate communication among museum staff, board members, and volunteers
- Work with appropriate staff to promote a welcoming and meaningful guest experience through the reception and retail areas at both museum campuses
Other Duties as Assigned
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.